Crest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crest

Earth is lost, and the ravaged colonies in the far reaches of space struggle to survive. We stand atop the Crest of the future.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

[General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta Empty
PostSubject: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:22 pm

"And what the hell were you doing, that you got locked out of the University?! How can you tell me that there were only two security squads in there when we were hosting HOW MANY foreign officials?! I can't believe - " General North's harsh shouting at some poor security administrator in his office was interrupted by a message over his DataBook from Kenji Wright's secretary. "Sir," the voice said meekly, "Mr. Wright would like to know if you've seen the Novalysian transmission from St. John." "Of course I haven't, I've got better things to do," he snapped back. "Sir, Mr. Wright asks that you go to the hospital and request to see Chase and report on his condition immediately."

General North grumbled, and waved the security administrator out of his office. "Get lost," he barked. He gruffly left his office and had a ride prepared for him to the hospital. On the way over, he watched the shocking transmission from St. John - and abruptly changed his demeanor to suit the grave situation. A few minutes later, and an armored military transport pulled up at the emergency entrance and the General and a detachment of his bodyguards were marching down the halls towards the emergency room where Chase had been stabilized. He ordered a report from one of the doctors.

"The bullet nearly hit him in the heart," the doctor nervously said. "But he's stable now."

"Good." General North stepped ahead and opened the door, stepping in to see Chase himself.

Last edited by Allied Demarchy of Reza on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:28 pm

Chase sat half up in the hospital bed as the general entered. Serah slouched in the chair next to the bed, upon hearing the door she straightened up smiled briefly. Chase was awake watching the feeds on the hospital databook, he sighed heavily and turned his attention to the general.

"I'm sure you're here about the transmission," he began. " I assure you that neither of us had anything to do with the threats made against you and your people."
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:32 pm

North nodded at Alexander and Serah. Two bodyguards stood directly beside him, with rifles at the ready. North glanced around the room, taking account of the advanced medical equipment that Chase was now hooked up to.

"Regardless, it's my job to do something about it." He took a slow step closer to Chase. "I'm sure none of us want a war because of this. So, what would you propose we do about this? You seem to be the kingpin here. Care to call them off?"
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:46 pm

Chase leaned forward and grimaced as he did, trying to get off the bed but Serah stopped him.

"There is no way you can walk in your condition, you'll open the wound back up," she pleaded.

"I have to do something or this entire colony will be thrust into a devastating war. I have to reach the media, make a statement. Let me go.." he pushed her aside and moved his legs off the bed of the bed is preparation to stand. "Where did they put my cane?"
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:50 pm

"Calm down, calm down. Your cane is safe, I promise you. Sit back down. If you want to make your statement, you can do that right here. I'll have someone come in and take care of it, alright?" He nodded to one of his bodyguards, who left the room. "Just settle down." He was being more patient with Chase than he usually would be - probably because he respected the man as a military veteran, and he held the fate of the relations between Novalyse and the ADR.
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:56 pm

Alexander sighed and relaxed back into the bed much to Serah's relief.

"Did the two guards die?" he asked grimly after a moment of silence.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 6:06 pm

"One did," North said grimly. "When that Cascadian tried to break up the hostages, he got shot. Through the throat. Rough way to go," he shook his head. "But the other one made it. He's here now, in the hospital. I'm glad, too - Richards is a good guy. He was set for a promotion before all of this happened."

North's bodyguard returned, carrying Chase's cane and a camcorder that he commandeered off of one of the reporters outside. He offered Chase his cane. "There you go," North said. "So, you feeling up to that statement?"
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 7:41 pm

Chase didn't smile nor did he show sadness, just blankly looked down for a moment then with a deep breath he took his cane and nodded. When the camera started rolling he began slowly.

"My name is Alexander Chase, Novalysian Legislative Overseer. I cannot resend any previous statements made by the Novalysian government regarding the safe return of Serah Lawson and myself however, I can state that this was not an assassination attempt made by the ADR. Enough blood has been shed, I don't want more lives lost because of the actions I took to neutralize the situation at the Rescenta University."

Chase motioned the cameras to stop rolling leaned back onto the back. His breathing was significantly heavier than it had been. The bullet which passed between his heart and lunges made it difficult to continue talking.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 7:52 pm

North nodded and gestured that the guard take the camera out of the room. "Send it," he said gravely. He sent his other guard out of the room as well, and casually pulled up a chair from the other side of the room. He sat it facing towards Chase and straddled it; the assault rifle strapped across his back jostled to the side slightly.

"Chase. I want you to know I'm sorry about what happened. My men were the ones that were there, and they didn't do what they needed to. You didn't deserve this." He swooped a hand over his head and took off his cover, then turned to look at Serah. "And you, ma'am. I'm sorry you had to go through that." He nodded his head respectfully, then turned back to Chase. "We've pulled some security feeds from the lobby. I saw what you did. Brave man - what you did may very well have saved lives. I've gotta say, if more government officials were like you, the world would damn sure be a better place than it is."
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 8:55 pm

Alexander closed his eyes and breathed deeply as Serah briefly smiled at general North in acknowledgement. He didn't open his eyes again, just spoke.

"I did no more than any other man in that room. I am an official now but once I was a soldier just the same as those men. A soldier never forgets his place in conflict, he never loses those instincts, no matter how much he tries to escape them." The room feel silent except for Chase's labored breathing before Serah turned to North again.

"I'm sorry for the loss of your soldiers sir, they didn't deserve to die," she said sadly. "Please issue a letter the their families on my behalf. They should know what happened and how devastated we are because of what happened."
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 9:01 pm

"A true soldier," North nodded respectfully at Chase, and then turned back to Serah. "I'll see to it that we do that, ma'am."

He lowered his head for a moment, then looked back up. "Now, I've also been asked to give you an option - if you'd like to return to Novalyse immediately, then we've got everything prepared to leave at your discretion. A transport with a full med team. Of course, it's safer to stay in the hospital. We've got you stabilized here, but it's not like we can guarantee that on a space-craft." He paused, considering the implications, and scratched at the back of his neck through his thick-gloved hands. "Whatever your decision, make sure to send word back to your people about it. We're at the tip of their sword right now, you know? They like you, and they really want you back." He half-smiled as he anticipated the decorated military veteran's response.
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:55 pm

"The wiser decision would be to stay until these wounds are more stable.  Serah can contact Novalyse regarding this decision."  Chase said.  Serah nodded and headed out of the room to make a call to confirm Chase's decision.  

One week after the shooting news of the Flagship Lykaon's departure and docking reached the hospital where Chase was being treated. His response was mixed feelings of happiness that there was not an entire fleet as well as disappointment that measures were taken to threaten the ADR further. Two weeks following the shooting his wounds would be stable enough to the travel back to his home planet thus ending the revolts within Novalyse and the conflict that it induced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[General - Media/Diplomacy] Chase at the Hospital of Rescenta
Page 1 of 1