Crest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crest

Earth is lost, and the ravaged colonies in the far reaches of space struggle to survive. We stand atop the Crest of the future.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ashara's New Dawn

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Cascadia

Cascadia

Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:57 pm

Well, if i'm not on duty at the council which thankfully is not terribly often only for serious debates. I take care of my studies and help at my families Plantation. They own one of the larger fruit farms on Cascadia. Its not easy work but it is mostly enjoyable most fruit is done by equipment but some are really fragile so its done by hand. Other than that I look forward once I finish my studies and finish my term as Head council to take command of an expiditionary Vessel, and explore.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 5:20 pm

"A plantation? A fruit farm?" She grinned sheepishly. "I never would've guessed. What kind of fruit? I'm sure it's rather different than our lunaculture fruit on Rescenta...it gets old after awhile. Where do you want to explore?" She seemed keenly interested in Ashara.
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 3:10 pm

Mostly tropical type fruits, I mean almost ALL of the vegetation area is tropical on Cascadia, theres some moderate climats in the higher elevations but My Family, which is one of the colony founding families put their stakes down a tropical valley. Ummmm lemme think, there a little different than the old earth fruit but pretty much the same. Pineapples, mango's mangosteen, a couple of fruits that are native to cascadia only as we can see. Cado fruit, Cumo apples, and Azure stars. As for where i'd like to explore,.... My Space Corp command instructor says i should command a battle group, but I'm not really found of violence, I mean I can fight and stuff but I'd rather explore the further reaches of crest and beyond....maybe try and see what happened to earth
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 1:53 pm

Rhaetia's eyes got wide. "But I've heard rumors that it's just barren now. Didn't they just...implode on themselves? Like the Ancient Romans." Rhaetia seemed as disconnected from Earth as from ancient history; all she knew was from her studies. "Why would you want to go there?"
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 4:44 pm

No one knows what happened, it just went dark. Besides I'm more interested in going further out seeing what hasnt been seen yet where no ones been before
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 5:34 pm

"But what do you think you'd find? What would you want to find?"
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 1:46 am

Well, I'd hope we found just some catastrophic communications error, but most people think if anyone went that theres some anomalous thing and we'd go dark aswell
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 am

"Like...oh, what did they call it...the Bermuda triangle." Rhaetia seemed concerned. "Why risk it, though? I mean, to risk your whole life just to maybe find out something that happened eighty years ago...there can't be anything there anymore."

She paused to glance out the window, a little bit uncomfortable with the conversation. "How much longer, do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 2:44 pm

I dunno..... it might be exciting to go explore things that  we havent seen since long ago...., and thats if i even go I might decide the future looks better ::smiles:: How long till I get a expiditionary command?
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 9:07 am

She giggled, "I meant for the food, but yeah, that too I guess." She let her eyes fall over Ashara for a few seconds, studying his face inquisitively.
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 2:25 pm

:: smalls warmly at her:: Shouldn't be too much longer :;glanced back at the kitchen which was putting the different dishes on platters for them:: Looks like they'll be bringing it out soon. How about you.....once this is all done what do you think you'll do? What do you WANT to do
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:06 pm

"I...don't really know," she shrugged. "I've planned on spending at least a few more years in college. I thought, maybe becoming a sociology professor or getting a job in politics like Clarity. I want to do something to help teach people and make a difference, you know?" She smiled genuinely.
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:02 pm

::smiles at her:: Its a noble desire, Have you ever thought about Leaving Rezza and Rescenta? Maybe teach somewhere else. where everyone can hear you?
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 11:20 pm

"Yes, but...we have the best education system in the sector, and probably the best universities around. I would hate to leave that behind. All of that knowledge and experience, and it's being buried underneath a bunch of political backwash. Is Cascadia like that?"
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 2:47 pm

:: shakes head:: No, We're set up so it doesnt matter how much money, or connections you have Politics are handled by a select few who stake their very families honor and standing by the choices made. Headcouncil, my position is a round robin amoung the founding families, it jumps around between the 15 families that were aboard the first colony ships to arrive here, we serve for about 5 years, before it moves to the eldest child of the next families current generation, if that child is too young the 2 families in the transition discuss whether the childs parents choose one of themselves to represent or if the current one stays till the child is ready or 5 years is up and it goes to the next house. The title of Lord or Lady is simply honorary, we dont really hold THAT kind of power. And even if we did, we're measured on the lifestyle of the lowest on cascadia not the wealthiest, and wealthy families are encouraged to aid poorer families, a few months ago a family in the ghettos of a large city lost their house in a fire, and the father lost the use of his lower legs due to burns. All the families nearby rich, mid class, and poor alike all pitched in in some way, the cleared and rebuilt their house, and paid for a series of operations to safe as much of his legs as possible, one of the rich families eventualy decided to just go to novalyse and purchase a civilian version of cybernetic legs. Its all from the culture and spirit of giving to anyone in need because one day you may be in need, that Cascadia's forefathers laid down as a base for us. I mean there is crime and corruptions and such things like that every society has it. I wouldnt worry about the current state here too much, it will calm down, cooler heads and minds will see things clearly. And besides who says you cant Pioneer the first Rescentian University off world? Look at OMNE, some of their largest locations are on giant space stations or constructed on asteroids that are kept in stable position by giant boosters. Who says you cant bring that knowledge and give others that gift where ever its needed?
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 8:50 am

"That does sound wonderful, especially compared to the ADR...I mean, it can be a wonderful place to live and we have our good points, but sometimes the cutthroat research conflicts and the over-intellectualism gets to be...well, it gets impractical. People let logic take over everyday life. In the ADR, people don't really help each other that much. You're smart, or you're nothing. That same man living on Rescenta would probably have gotten a nice wheelchair and a modest disability check, maybe a donation in his name to some research society for preventing house-fires, and then sent on his way." The very prospect of a new university made her smile. "That might be possible...it might be good for that to expand off-world, so it doesn't stagnate. I like that idea. Knowledge is the greatest gift, after all."

Last edited by A.D.R. on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:10 pm

:: the food would be brought over a few platters with different samplings of Asian foods from sweet to spicy to and the spectrum between::

Look like its time to dig in,
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 9:48 pm

Rhaetia looked excited at the wide variety of food brought before them. "Oh, what should I try first? What's best?" She watched to see what Ashara would choose. Subconsciously, she scooted a little closer to him.
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 7:10 pm

:: smiled:: I like the sweet and sour and the lo mein personaly, but its ALL delicious. They have all sorts of a flavors. :: slides alittle closer to her too.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 1:09 am

With a glimmer of trust and excitement in her eyes, Rhaetia chose the sweet and sour and the lo mein, in addition to a few other delicious-looking items to sample the different flavors. She didn't make any effort to move away as her arm accidentally brushed against Ashara's when they moved closer.

"These are delicious. You're lucky to have such a good cook right here on your ship, whenever you want. I'll have to go on more impromptu runaway journeys with you," she smiled as a little laugh played across her lips.
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 4:41 pm

:: Smiles as he swallowed his bite:: I'd really like that I dont think I've ever met some one like you in anyway. Most people always keep me at arms length all because of my damned title. but you, you treat me like a person, not a title...I like it
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 4:51 pm

"I've never been much for titles," Rhaetia explained, her mind drifting somewhere way back into her past. "Doesn't make any difference what someone's title is - only what they've done."
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 6:17 pm

:: Ashara nods:: Thats exactly what I feel. its one of the things my family always taught me, Act with wisdom, but act
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 6:37 pm

She nodded thoughtfully, picking at the next thing on her plate. "Wise words. Will I get to meet your family, do you think? They're probably very busy."
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 10:47 pm

Busy yes, but not so busy that they couldn't the rather lovely girl their sons met. ::smiles:: If you'd really like to I'd like to take you to visit Cascadia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ashara's New Dawn   Ashara's New Dawn - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ashara's New Dawn
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crest :: Current Roleplay :: Regional :: Reza/Rescenta-
Jump to: