Crest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crest

Earth is lost, and the ravaged colonies in the far reaches of space struggle to survive. We stand atop the Crest of the future.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

[Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 12:39 am

"I'll arrange for that," Clarity nodded. "Who else would like to join us?"
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 1:29 am

Ashara who had been listening quietly took the chance to speak up about somthing that bothered him.  Correct me if I am wrong Ms Clarity but some of the  restrictions you mentioned seemed VERY stringent. For example that they would be restricted from owning property and from  furthering any education, and confined to the planet as a whole. Man kind went from stone age to space age in the blink of an eye from a scientific stand point. Restricting these clearly sentient creatures seems like down the road if not more immediately might something to regret. I'm not saying allowing them full citizenship into your colony, but perhaps you might suggest to your senate that you co-exist. Denying them citizenship and then actively restricting their people seems unethical to me. If they are not citizens then why does your governement have a say on their lifes? Freedom after all is the right of all Sentient beings
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 1:42 am

"I'll arrange for that," Clarity gestured to William Simmons and Alexander Chase. "And to anyone else who'd like to join us, I'll see if our resident Eos might like to give a...presentation, maybe. She's rather outspoken about Eosan rights."

She nodded to Ashara, with a subtle smile across her face. "For now, it's my job to remain as neutral and objective as possible, and lay out the pros and cons of each approach. It's best to present as many plausible ideas to the Senate as possible, where they'll be put forth to the Demarchy. A sort of 'co-existence' between the two extremes may seem to be a popular compromise. We've erred on the side of ethics so far, but our ultimate goal is to find a good balance."
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 1:49 am

I mean no offense but it seems that real moral ethics are being sidelined at least by some. Ethically The Eos should have their own freedom to choose to be independent of the ADR or to individually apply for citizenship. I'd like to accept that invitation aswell Ms Clarity.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:02 am

"Certainly. I'll see to it that you all have a chance to meet with the Eosa - as much as we can arrange for at this time, at least." She seemed pleased with the result of the conversation, and digressed.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:04 am

Paras took a long, decisive puff off of his cigar as he thought. "I agree with the Cascadian. Human rights for all, I say!" He leaned forward in his chair, with his arms crossed casually on the table. "But yes, I'd like to take a look as well. It'd be nice to meet these people before casting judgment on them, I think." He glanced at the agenda. "Speaking of the Cascadian - good sir, would you like to continue?"
Back to top Go down
https://crest-rp.forumotion.com
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:20 am

:: since it is his turn Ashara would stand to speak:: As you all know the Cascade system is a rather harsh place to live, but we've made significant strides into utilizing Azure 99's energy to more solidify our colonies future. We are thriving quite well and have began using new technologies to tap the raw energy of the under sea thermal vents and the Super storms that form far out in the northern sea. We've also recently finished construction of a new Larger space port and we are looking to attract tourists to the many northern beaches. We came to the idea after capturing a Small time space pirate that had held himself up on a remote beach and had built himself a small rather lovely bungalow. Aside from that, We are also interested in opening trade in the metallurgy market we have a surplus of heavy alloys of titanium and tungsten steel. Unfortunatly at this time the C.C (Cascadia Council) has denied export of cascadium. :;with that he took his seat::
Back to top Go down
O.M.N.E Corporation

O.M.N.E Corporation

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:23 am

William was intrigued from the beginning "I can tell you for a fact, O.M.N.E Corporation would be delighted to begin trading with Cascadia for metal and perhaps some of this energy technology, it could be very useful for powering our settlements on Eli-3." He smiled and seemed to be very interested in this, the first person in the room today, besides that easily persuaded prime minister, who has given a definitive want to trade.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:26 am

Paras nodded dramatically as he puffed his cigar. "Tourists! I'll send them your way. I've always heard your planet's quite the stellar phenomenon, with all the, ah, weather that you've got there. But if you've got some lovely beaches...have you got any pictures of this new space port?"

Deyn spoke up, catching up with the more economically relevant statement from Ashara. "As far as opening trade, I'd like to speak for Deysha-II when I say that we'd very much be receptive to that. Out of curiousity - why have you denied export of cascadium? I've heard that it's got the potential to be one of the finer materials around." He quirked his eyebrow, with peaked interest.
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:10 am

Alexander nodded and listened silently. Although he had interest in trading for metal alloys he knew very little about the Cascadians and chose only to see how they reacted to Dyen's question.
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:15 am

Prime minister, I do have a rendering of the Space port. The upper sections are where tourists and dignitaries would arrive and disembark to the planet itself while the lower, 70 percent of the station is currently reserved for the CSC ( Cascadian Space Corp) needs.Mr Deyn,as for Cascadium I am unable to comment officially as to the denial for its trade.
:: he would look to william::
Mr Simmons I can have a trade agreement drafted and sent to you over the data-net. As for the energy technology i am sure our engineers can modify them to work for your needs.
Back to top Go down
O.M.N.E Corporation

O.M.N.E Corporation

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:18 am

William smiled and nodded happily and said "That would be fantastic! I look forward to receiving the document and giving it to the CEO to sign himself. I'm sure both of our colonies will benefit hugely from this trade partnership."
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:19 am

[Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Norlam10
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:23 am

Paras studied the rendering for a moment. "Hmm, yes." He hit his cigar again. "So, these beaches with the incredible storms - they're safe for tourists? Tell me more about the conditions! I've never been to Cascadia. Or seen any pictures of the beaches, really!"

Amanda Krossman seemed uninterested as she continued taking notes for the meeting. She wondered to herself how much longer she would have to listen to that insufferably fat Prime Minister prattling on about beaches...and then caught herself picturing him in speedos. She shuddered, and then tried desperately to re-focus on her notes.
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:32 am

Prime minister the storms occur only very far out into the northern ocean. the beaches are perfectly safe as for a picture of our beaches here are 2 pictures.
[Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 11459511
[Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Alienw11
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:37 am

And since this is a logical follow up question, due to our magnetized atmosphere UV rays are heavily negated
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:38 am

"Looks quite nice, hm. I might just go on vacation there myself," Paras thought out loud. He crossed his legs and leaned back, picturing himself munching on an O.M.N.E bar and working on his tan on the Cascadian beach. He seemed to be pacified for the moment, and stopped bumbling in.

Amanda Krossman cleared her throat decisively. "Are there any further comments from any of the representatives before we begin to field questions from the public?"

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:44 am

Alexander shook his head decisively and looked to the others for their response.
Back to top Go down
O.M.N.E Corporation

O.M.N.E Corporation

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:45 am

William also shook his head "I believe I've said everything I was told to touch on."
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:48 am

Thats all I have
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 4:02 am

"Alright then, let's continue." She tapped her datapad, and then read off the questions for each representative.

"Novalyse: There have been concerns of ethics raised due to your new practice of creating bio-androids from human fetuses. Despite how efficient or advanced these androids may be, how do you justify permanently altering non-consenting humans for testing purposes? What are the physical and psychological implications of altering these individuals so dramatically?

O.M.N.E Corporation: Throughout history, we've seen large corporations monopolize anything they want to for a profit. What is your response to this? How do you intend to build trust between you and your consumers without taking advantage of them? What are your corporate checks and balances?

Allied Demarchy of Reza: Some constituents claim that the Eosa are the result of "playing god" and are genetic abbhorations that should be eliminated entirely, while others say that regardless of the ethics of their origin, they now deserve full human rights and anything less is immoral. Why is there such a division amongst your people? What more do you know of the Eosa that the public in general may be misinformed or unaware of?

Cascadia: The public has heard vague rumors of your development of the metal cascadium. What are the physical properties of cascadium? Paired with your advanced and organic technology, what is the true potential of cascadium and how it will affect your colony and others? Can you explain anything more about its development process?

Deysha-II: Security concerns and crime rates of Duna City have been rising steadily over the past few years. This trend has been continuing in some other cities, with the exception of Tyton. What are your plans for lowering the crime rates of Duna City and, furthermore, keeping the rest of the population of Deysha-II and its visitors safe?"

She cleared her throat harshly. "Remember to speak towards the cameras."
Back to top Go down
O.M.N.E Corporation

O.M.N.E Corporation

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 4:11 am

William stood up and looked directly into the camera, he had been through this before and knew what he had to do. "O.M.N.E Corporation understands that we can not take advantage of the consumer, we run on the principle of mutual trust with our buyers. If they trust our products and feel safe using them, we do well. If we abuse our consumer and try to shove things down their throat's that they don't need or want, we don't do well. We are not only a Corporate body, but a Governing one as well and we know that we need to treat our people with the respect they deserve as hard working individuals that we would be nothing without. The board of directors are picked from the most qualified and hard working people from each branch to insure they aren't just rich high class citizens who never had to work for something, I myself began at the bottom of the proverbial totem pole and had to climb up to the top with hard work and dedication. But above all, understanding. Understanding that our job is not to secure our own wealth but the wealth and prosperity of all the people who work for us, and all the people who buy from us. O.M.N.E is not the same old Corporation you hear horror stories about from the old colonies or back at our long lost home Earth." He smiled, and had a personal, warm look to his face "O.M.N.E Corporation, is a corporation you can trust."
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 4:37 am

:: he stood and looked into the nearest camera:: Cascadium is a naturally produced alloy found on Cascadia. I dont know word for word how it is exactly formed, that more for a geologist but suffice it to say the regular bombardment of the poles by meteorites and the way in which our planets core works produces a vast amalgam of minerals mixing together and coupled with Azure 99's cascading energy into our planets crust some type of as of yet unknown reaction occurs. This reaction seems creates the Metal we dubbed Cascadium. Cascadium is a vastly durable and when done correctly malleable material and using the technology we posses we are able to "grow" most things out of cascadium. Our technology is not actually organic, though the finished product does look very organic and as if each individual product is 1 piece. THIS is true even with moving parts. As for its full potential we as of yet do not know, we have found that its greatest strength thus far is its use in our Space corp and defense programs. As for its development process I can not comment further.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:40 pm

"The reason that the public is so divided on the subject of the Eosa, I believe, is due to a number of different factors. Initially, the Genera program was not intended to have such far-reaching implications into the practice of gene-splicing. In fact, gene-splicing is something that the A.D.R is vastly unsupportive of, except in rare cases - for medical reasons, perhaps. What happened during the later stages of the Genera program was unauthorized and undisputably unethical. There is no debate about that. It was intended to be an insight into the genetic makeup of the native humanoid species, which was unfortunately taken too far by a renegade scientist who violated many of the research regulations we had in place. And subsequently led to the creation of many more, if I might add." More than the frilled lizard incident, she thought.

"Now, the public is even more divided by the social issues that the Eosa have become involved in. The public unrest, the protests and riots, the unlawful activity - which, as some would say, may be due in part to their suppression. Again, one school of thought says that this is grounds to restrict or even eliminate them from society entirely, and others say that in their struggle for civil rights, they are rightfully making their voices heard. The Senate, the current Demarchy representatives, and the public as a whole are still divided on this. We have yet to see what will be the best choice for the A.D.R and the Eosa."

She paused thoughtfully, biting her lip, and then continued. "As far as information the public would be unaware of, I would simply like to correct the following myths. The Eosa have been proven, in studies by Head Researcher Dr. Gobbs and the behavioral psychology team at UOR, to have more neurological activation towards behavior that we would term as 'aggression' but, unlike human individuals with pathological aggressive tendencies, they actually have more capacity towards empathy and show a greater level of activation towards behavior we would term as 'cooperative' amongst one another. The practical implications of this study are still being researched and the statistics are all negligible within a range of plus-or-minus eight percent of the human average. What this dispels, though, is the idea that the Eosa are more 'primitive' than humans. In some specific areas of the emotional spectrum, one might argue that they are - but all of the evidence thus far shows that they are actually as advanced, if not moreso, in other areas. I suppose that the core of the message I would like to get across to the public is to not allow yourself to be easily taken in by any predisposed viewpoint on this issue, but thoroughly access all the research that we currently have and come to your own conclusions."
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:46 pm

Alexander smiled briefly as he turned toward the cameras, taking hold of his cane he rose from his seat and stood before them.  

"The planet Novalyse is extremely dangerous place to live and thus, without advancing our military force we would have been unable to combat the inhabitants that reside there.  It was our previous general that implemented that each first born child be submitted to military and combat training to aid in the defense of our colony.  Fifty-five years ago an amendment was made to that law, requiring that all first born children be submitted via Cesarian Section to undergo enhancement surgery to improve their survival rate when they entered the military force.  Each citizen within our society gives full consent for their children upon signing their marriage agreement.  Other children, such as those who may have been considered for abortion are taken from the mother's womb and implemented into this program as well,"  he said then paused, taking time to breathe and collect his thoughts.  

"The Bio-Androids, contrary to previous assumptions, are constructed from synthetically generated eggs which are not taken from any human mother.  These embryos are then augmented with a vast variety of cybernetics, including experimental pieces that we would otherwise be unable to verify for human safety.  Because the 'fetuses' are generated outside the human body they are considered artificial and can legally be used for nearly any purpose."

Last edited by Novalyse on Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly   [Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Diplomacy] Annual Conference of the Assembly
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next