Crest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crest

Earth is lost, and the ravaged colonies in the far reaches of space struggle to survive. We stand atop the Crest of the future.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

[Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Empty
PostSubject: [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)   [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 2:36 am

"Of course, Miss Davis, I wouldn't do anything that wouldn't be approved by the Demarchy and the Senate." The smiling voice of Economics Director Johann Derris left Clarity a bit unsettled.

"I'm glad to hear that, Mr. Derris. I'll trust that you'll keep everyone updated on whatever you decide, and let me know what exactly General North is requesting once it's de-classified. Good luck." Clarity smiled back, much more sincerely.

As soon as Clarity hung up the video-call, Johann rolled his eyes and leaned back in his office chair, slicked the collar of his suit into perfect alignment, and rang up OMNE's highest executive offices. He hoped he'd get somebody important without having to wait on hold for half an hour like last time.

While he waited, he sipped an expensive-looking mocha-latte-frappe-whatever his assistant had brought him out of a ceramic mug that read "ADRA Economics and Finances Committee."

Last edited by A.D.R. on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
O.M.N.E Corporation

O.M.N.E Corporation

PostSubject: Re: [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)   [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 2:42 am

Richard didn't have any calls or meetings at his point so once his secretary picked up it wouldn't be to long before he was transferred. The secretary said in a cheerful sounding voice "Hello, you've reached the office of Richard O'Conner, how may i help you today?"
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)   [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 2:44 am

Johann put on his bubbly business voice. "Hello ma'am, this is Economics Director Derris from the ADR, might it be possible for me to speak with Mr. O'Conner if he's available, please?" He sounded professionally polished, down to every syllable and inflection.
Back to top Go down
O.M.N.E Corporation

O.M.N.E Corporation

PostSubject: Re: [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)   [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 2:49 am

She kept the happy voice going and said "Of course! He is in today and lucky for you he doesn't have any meetings till tonight. I'll put you right through, thank you for calling O.M.N.E Corporation!"

Richard quickly picked up "Hello, Economic Director Derris. Why does that sound familiar to me?" he chuckled slightly, he had a slight feeling who it was, and if he was right this should be interesting, he hadn't spoken to Johann since college.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)   [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 2:54 am

"Mr. CEO O'Conner, sir, what a pleasure to speak with you," Johann chuckled with a hint of humor in his voice. The years hadn't changed him very much - some more wrinkles and a few grey hairs, but Johann was still the same neatly-groomed, dark-haired, scholarly-looking businessman he was when he and Richard had known each other briefly in their college years. His office was lined in classy-looking wooden paneling and decked out with sleek tech gadgets and framed degree certificates.

"It's been too long, Richard! How have the years been treating you?" He dropped his business voice in favor of a more friendly smile.
Back to top Go down
O.M.N.E Corporation

O.M.N.E Corporation

PostSubject: Re: [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)   [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 3:02 am

Richard smiles back and laughs a bit, his blonde hair and neatly trimmed facial hair hadn't changed, very few signs of age on Richard. Though the one thing about him that had changed was the air of fun and rebelliousness he used to give off. The job had tamed him, made him less likely to be out drinking at 4 in the morning which was something he frequently did in his college years. "It has been too long Johann, I've been good. With getting O.M.N.E back out there I'm not sure how I've managed to still look like I'm less than 60" He laughed and smiled a bit "How have you been? Economic director of the A.D.R, that sounds like one hell of a task."
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)   [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 4:15 am

"Not as much of a task as the big grand-daddy of the fabled OMNE Corp, I assure you," Johann retorted. "I remember when we used to joke about getting positions like that, back in the good ole' days when we lived high on the hog off whatever side jobs rolled in. Haha! Remember? But I've been good, very good. Things have been quiet around here, save for the last goddamn few months! Hah! It's like somebody stuck a burr up Lady Luck's ass, right? Can you believe all this nonsense going on lately?"
Back to top Go down
O.M.N.E Corporation

O.M.N.E Corporation

PostSubject: Re: [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)   [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 4:26 am

Richard sighs "Yea i remember those days, back when i was just the second son, lucked out getting the company when dad decided to retire." Richard didn't tell anyone of his sordid past and rise to his position, not even people he considered friends. No one knew but richard and william, so this story would sound completely reasonable.

When Johann mentioned the last few months Richard sighed again and ran a hand through his hair exasperatedly "Atleast your not technically a prime minster, and a CEO. The past few months have been hell on the political front for me, with all the attacks and shooting. A massive fleet armed to the fucking teeth appearing out of now where with peace signs attached to guns" he said joking about zeon's spontaneous  arrival. "Hoping it calms down now for awhile at least."
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)   [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 4:31 am

"Believe me, I feel for you. Things are stressful for me, so I can only imagine how much of a headache it's been for you. I've been thinking about that actually, and that's why I called. I thought, you know, we've been letting so-called 'important' business stuff take us for a ride up one side of the sector and down the other. So, why don't we see if we can't get together, take a day off and catch up with each other? I know we both need some time to get away from work, and besides, it'd be good to see you again. It's been too long."
Back to top Go down
O.M.N.E Corporation

O.M.N.E Corporation

PostSubject: Re: [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)   [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 4:50 am

Richard thinks for a second then smiles, thinking rekindling a friendship would be good. Especially since he hold some kind of power in the economy of the A.D.R "Sure, that sounds great, catching up with an old friend sounds like welcome break from all the shit flinging happening around this sector recently. I was planning on taking a short leave of absence for a 'corporate retreat'" he chuckles at the excuse for a vacation "So I'm free for awhile.'"
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)   [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 5:00 am

"Sounds like a plan to me. I've got some vacation days stored up, ready to start cashing them in. Where ya goin'? Around your station? Here to the lovely old ADR? I could show you around, if you like. Or maybe to Deysha - that's always a good time."
Back to top Go down
O.M.N.E Corporation

O.M.N.E Corporation

PostSubject: Re: [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)   [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Richard chuckled "That all sounds great but you know, Cascadia just opened their resorts finally and I've heard amazing things about their beaches. I think I'm going to go and make a reservation for their best resort, best room." he chuckled "Good to be the CEO."
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)   [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 9:04 am

"I think you're onto something there, old pal," Johann pictured himself lounging on the beaches, soaking up some Cascadian sun. Besides, he'd been to Deysha plenty of times before and to hell with him if he hadn't had enough of Rescenta. Apatasaurs and titanosaurs usually blocked the sun anyway. "Let's give it a shot. Name the resort, we'll get rooms close by and call it Spring Break like the old days! Haha." He sent a text through to his assistant to stop dealing with the colony's economics for a minute and book him a vacation instead. "Y'know, I've never met any Cascadian girls face-to-face..."
Back to top Go down
O.M.N.E Corporation

O.M.N.E Corporation

PostSubject: Re: [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)   [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 11:49 am

Richard sent him the site he found that had the information about the resort via the data net connection in the video call and said "Yea me neither, Ive never met a cascadian in person, should be interesting….Now I've heard they have blue eyes but do their eyes really glow blue?" Richard chuckles "Because i don't know if i find that attractive or unsettling, maybe a bit of both."
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)   [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 11:09 pm

"Hey, as long as nothing else glows blue, you know what I mean?" He laughed as his assistant booked a suite in the same building as Richard's and started making other preparations.

"Well, my friend, I guess we'll be seeing each other sooner rather than later, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)   [Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Economy] PART 1: A Million Dollars and Three Rezaian Islands (cont.)
Page 1 of 1