Crest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crest

Earth is lost, and the ravaged colonies in the far reaches of space struggle to survive. We stand atop the Crest of the future.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Cascadia

Cascadia

Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta)   Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 10:45 pm

Do you recal how homo-sapiens where made professor, primates intermingling with other primates homo erectus, the island hobbit creature, neanderthal. But that aside,simply telling us your opinion of the Eosa isnt what we're here for hawkins. Unless your going somewhere pertinent with this story?
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta)   Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 12:37 pm

"You wouldn't listen to me anyway," Jeck retorted. "You're all too ignorant. You're looking at this in the here-and-now, and not what it will cause a few years down the line." Jeck crossed his arms, looking like he was about to shut down. "Just tell me what you want from me so I can get out of this damned place, and you can decide to either stuff me in prison for the rest of my life or hand me over to the firing squad and just get it over."

Last edited by A.D.R. on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta)   Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:58 am

The entire reason i am here is TO LISTEN. If you wont talk then cascadia can do nothing for you. Think it over we 're really the only choice you have that ends with you not dead or in prison. Cooperate and you dont need to be the one blamed. What do you mean down the line
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta)   Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 2:48 am

"Don't patronize me. I know your game of 'cooperating' well enough; I won't come out of this. But I'm trying to do the rest of the world a favor and tell you that this will spread. Like a disease. These things will eat their way through the ADR, and by the time that the rest of the colonies start to see it, it'll be too late to contain. They will already be burrowing their way into your populations." He paused briefly to shake his head and gather his thoughts. "Have you ever even seen one? Maybe one of the presentable ones. But how about the ones that they won't show you over the DataNet, hm? Of course you haven't. You're fighting blind, and for the wrong side. You've got no idea what in the hell you're talking about, and you won't listen to the ones who do."

Jeck lowered his head for a few moments, his once-brilliant scientific mind riddled with stress. "I'll tell you what. I want something, and you want something. Let's make a deal."
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta)   Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 11:19 pm

Thats exactly what i've been trying to offer you professor, But I can and wont agree to your deal till you tell me more, especialy about what you were saying just now, you seem so terrified of what will happen but your not really giving anything other than what sound like paranoid ramblings. why dont I give you a few minutes to collect your thoughts and calm down. Theres a reason why Cascadia requested you be transferred out of any prisons and brought here, your mind and your insight to what might prove catastrophic if not dealt with and contained.....properly are a huge asset, and we both know valuable assets are taken good care of. Think about will you, and perhaps I can have some coffee brought in for you?
Back to top Go down
Strike

Strike

PostSubject: Re: Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta)   Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 11:18 pm

[ADR]

"I don't WANT your goddamned coffee!" Jeck was nearly at his breaking point. He practically quaked with anger and fear. "I want you to listen to me!"
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta)   Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 10:55 pm

:: looks at Jeck square in the face and completly calm, cool and collected:: Then TALK, You keep starting to get somewhere and then you stop. No one here is going to hurt you, or get to you. You think I'm here to protect the Eosa, I'm here for ONE reason, The Cascadian leader, was involved in the incident, and has taken a personal interest in the Eosa. I'm here to find out exactly what he may be getting himself into. No I will ask one last time and then I will leave for good if you don't actualy give me SOLID answers. I want to know ALL the facts Jeck, ALL of them. Start to finish. No interuptions. You keep talking about not listening to the ones who know things, well I think you know things and I want to listen to what you know, ALL OF IT.
Back to top Go down
Strike

Strike

PostSubject: Re: Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta)   Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 3:58 am

Jeck shuddered. He was physically and emotionally tired, and he had been pushed so far into the depths of stress from hours upon hours of intense interrogation that he was barely able to think straight.

"I'll...I'll explain everything I can." He scowled. He knew that this might be his last chance to put a statement down for the record of human history. His mind raced with everything that he would have to include. He wondered if that coffee might have been a good idea after all, but now his pride had swelled beyond repentance.

"I want this audio recorded. With copies sent to my research team in the GC on Reza, my department staff at the UOR, and the Assembly Chamber on Deysha. And you take a copy for whoever you think will listen. Save them all, and five or ten years from now, when I'm long dead and this starts to really be seen for the crisis that it is, someone will at least have some idea of what to do with these god-forsaken things." He bowed his head down again. "But you record it and keep it safe until you get it out of this place. Understood?"
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta)   Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 9:58 pm

Even if you weren't requesting that, it would be recorded, The ADR military will obviously receive a copy, But the original will be kept, logged researched by Cascadia, and accessible to all interested governments. :: He looked at the man and tilted his head:: I am feeling a bit exhausted and a bit hungry. :: he turned to the window:: I'd like a pot of coffee and maybe some sandwiches or fruit or something brought in. Mr Hawkins may not want anything but I would. Thank you.... 2 cups and plates please, incase he changes his mind.
:: the Cascadian would place a small smooth metal device on the table:: You may begin whenever you like Mr Hawkins.
Back to top Go down
Strike

Strike

PostSubject: Re: Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta)   Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 4:29 am

((Incoming monster post, rawr))

Jeck took a deep, wavering breath that seemed hollow before he began.

"I'll start from the beginning." He leaned forward slightly and closed his eyes, as if it was easier for him to recall that way.

"Over thirty years ago there was a Genetics Committee professor. Andre Orokov, my predecessor. My God, he was brilliant. I never met him personally, but the things he did for ADRA laid the foundation for some of the greatest breakthroughs we've ever had at GC. He found things on Reza that generations of scientists before him only could have dreamed of. A thousand years ago, on Earth, they would've called it all a fantasy.

"When we first started studying Reza, the wildlife researchers and biological anthropologists found remains very similar to what we would consider mankind's early ancestors. Almost perfect likenesses of homo habilis, erectus...australopithecus...even sahelanthropus! But homo erectus, or at least our Rezaian equivalent, was here less than three thousand years ago. Three thousand years! Can you imagine!" The old man shook his head, still in disbelief.

"Of course, we had seen a lot of other divergent evolutions in other extinct Earthian species, most notably Cretaceous-era theropods and sauropods. But we also found, of course, that the genetics of the last-known modern Earth species were almost perfectly mirrored by native Rezaian creatures as well. The DNA sequences were different, yes, and the evolutionary dichotomies varied, but...on both planets, we have the same birds! Primates! Wolves! Fish! Things that didn't exist in our Cretaceous period, but co-exist in Reza alongside these things. And, of course, other flora and fauna that we had never observed on Earth, that had adapted specially to its environments here...but with similar genetic coding. It was incredible, the research we were doing, the genetic data we were uncovering. Everything existed within the same...confines of old Earth's framework.

"So, the argument began during Orokov's career when he started proposing the same early ancestors of all mammalian species stemming from dinosaurian divergences. His school of thought was that there must be some nearly identical link that developed on both planets out of a necessity for the function of all carbon-based life forms. And it followed that there would be other links down the line, where evolution sort of...found the keys, if you will, to successful life. And all the hundreds of thousands of species in between were a result. Some of the most successful species that we found almost in duplicate from old Earth were also some of the most simple. Viruses, parasites, insects, simple vertebrates like snakes. Most other researchers focused on the hundreds of variances that we had never seen before, but Orokov...focused on the similarities."

He paused, looking up at the Cascadian man to see if he had any comment so far, and if he was following all of this.
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta)   Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 8:04 pm

::nods:: Makes sense, the similar things given the different environments and time frames are far more intriguing than the differences. Please continue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta)   Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeck's Interrogation (Covert Ops on Rescenta)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3