Crest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crest

Earth is lost, and the ravaged colonies in the far reaches of space struggle to survive. We stand atop the Crest of the future.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

[Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Empty
PostSubject: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 3:13 pm

The DataNet buzzed with breaking reports from Rescenta. One of the videos was from a female reporter, one of the first on the scene outside the University. Emergency vehicles and security personnel rushed around in the background as she reported from the street.

"Breaking news! This is Naomi Tryn with the ADR's RNN, reporting from the University of Rescenta! There has been a hostage situation inside the building with shots fired during the intercolonial conference on the Eosa. Our sources say that there are three confirmed dead - two Eosa and one ADR security officer - and at least three more critically injured. Novalysian Legislative Overseer Alexander Chase was inside the building and reportedly shot by an armed Eos. His condition is unknown but he is reported to still be alive -" The reporter was interrupted by a loud siren screaming past. "I repeat, Overseer Chase is still alive. Our reports say that two hostages were taken in the University's lobby when guards attempted to intercept two Eosa attempting to enter the building. The exact details are unknown. Stay tuned for more breaking information as soon as we have it, here on the Rezaian News Network."
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

[Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Almost immediately after the press release concerning Overseer Chase a feed was sent directly from the capital building of Skyre. A public address on the tragedy of the University as well as insurance that the Novalysian Overseer be returned safely. The video transmission opened with Cole St. John sitting at a metal desk with a Databook sat before him. He looked from the book into the camera before him and began.

"I regret to hear of the incident at the Rescenta University and I am deeply sorry for the losses your people have suffered. I wish to thank the families of the injured and deceased for their attempts in protecting the representatives and civilians within the campus building. I only wish that there had been more that our people could have done to help." St. John then stood from his seat and walked to the side of the room, the camera turning and following him to reveal his armor in a display case with a Sniper Rifle propped against the side of the glass. He began again as he looked into the case. "Without the safe return of both of the Novalysian representatives within seven days I regret to inform the Colony of ADR that you will be faced it a full assault on the moon Rescenta. Novalyse does not tolerate an assassination attempt on any of its people, least of all a member of its triumvirate. I've already made the preparations."

The transmission cut out and nothing more was transmitted from Novalyse.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:09 pm

Kenji Wright was in his office, still trying to gather information about what had happened so he could properly address his colony as well as all the others that had been involved. His top priority was to contact Novalyse as soon as possible, but it seemed that St. John had beaten him to it. He watched the transmission over the databook with some relief at first as St. John had seemed to sympathize with the incident - and then his heart sank when he heard St. John's last words. "Shit," he tapped his fingers against his desk, and then frantically called in his secretary. "Get that Novalysian transmission blocked from the IMN, now. And have General North personally go and see Chase, and get me a report on what's going on - five minutes ago. I'm going to fix this."

He picked up his DataBook and attempted to put a personal call through to the office of St. John. "Come on, pick up."
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:24 pm

St. John turned back to the desk as the phone rang out loudly. He walked over and lifted it without checking who was calling, he already knew that the ADR wouldn't waste any time trying to negotiate with him.

"One of my best soldiers, retired as he is, is in critical condition and i hear about it through the a news cast as he is rushed to the hospital. Its about time you called me," he said rather calmly.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:27 pm

"I apologize, sir." Kenji paused for words - he was used to press conferences and Senate addresses, not intense phone calls with leaders of military forces that were itching to stomp entire cities. "I assure you, we are doing everything that we can right now. We have all hands on deck to make sure that this is taken care of thoroughly, and Mr. Chase is receiving the best care that we can offer. He is stable, and I have one of our own generals there in person overseeing his care and safety." Come on, North, you'd better be there, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:45 pm

St. John just listened silently on the other end of the phone as Kenji frantically tried to resolve the situation.  As he listened he thought about how he could have answered with a telecommunication device...

"but that doesn't give the satisfying slamming sound when you are finished talking," he thought to himself.  When Kenji finished he let the sound of silence stagnate for a moment to see how he would react.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Kenji paused and waited, hoping that St. John would break the tense silence first.

"Mr. St. John?" He asked. "If you'd like, I can have Mr. Chase and Ms. Lawson immediately transported back to Novalyse, right this moment. But I believe it would be dangerous to remove Mr. Chase from medical care and attempt to transport him right now." He tried to stay logical and calm.
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:13 pm

St. John listened as he shifted around the desk and sat back into his chair.

"I am not pleased to hear your citizens attempted to kill my Overseer and nether in this colony. The civilians are rioting and Chase's comrades are pushing for immediate departure to the ADR. I have lethally armed guards positioned at every space dock as I have already had an unauthorized ship try to depart. I am no diplomat, I am a general thus my word has no power to quell the anger of this colony." St. John sounded increasingly irritated and the sounds are screaming echoed through the phone as a door opened.

"St. John, we have a situation in the lobby. Its Lawson...." a female voice echoed quietly through the phone.

"Hold on," St. John said as he set hte phone down and left the room. Faint sounds of yelling echoed through building until a gunshot was heard then the sound of caving metal that alluded to the uproar in the capital building lobby. The first born Lawson child had abruptly barged into the lobby and demanded that St. John order their departure at once, upon his denial she fired a shot in the air. St. John simply hit her in the chest, caving her metal chest plate and knocking the wind out of her. She was then taken into custody by the guards and St. John returned to the phone. "Excuse the interruption."
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:21 pm

Sweet fuck, they're angry enough to shoot each other, imagine what they'd do to us... Wright cleared his throat.

"Sir, it was not one of my citizens - it was a rebel Eos, who has been taken into custody as a terrorist after nearly being killed. And according to my reports, Chase left the safety of a guarded room to confront a hostage situation after my soldiers tried to stop him and he ignored them. Like I just said - if you want Chase to be transported right now, I'll see to it that he is. But it would put him at a greater risk to leave intensive medical care at our hospital, and I don't want to see him in any worse condition than he already is."
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:32 pm

St. John leaned back in his chair contemplating the information he had just received.

"If this is true then as soon as he awakes have Chase give his statement to the public about what occurred within the walls of the University. The people will believe no other in this matter...and for your own sake he had better wake up. I hold true to what I said in the address until further notice, my hand is forced in this matter."
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:36 pm

"I'll send word to have him give a statement," Wright sighed. "I think that words of war are far too forward in this matter, Mr. St. John. We are doing everything we can."
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:41 pm

St. John continued calmly.

"Perhaps but I have nothing else to quell them for the time being. I have no proof that it was not one of your own guards that shot him thus, until further notice, I will perceive the incident as an assassination attempt on a member of the triumvirate. Give me proof and I will resend prior accusations and statements. I assure you, I have been more than fair given the magnitude of the crime that has occurred."
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:53 pm

"I've already issued a full-scale investigation, and I promise you the reports as soon as I get them myself. Several eye-witness accounts have been lined up, and as far as I can tell, they're all saying that Chase entered the line of fire himself."
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 6:07 pm

St. John sighed.

"That sounds exactly like something Alexander would do," he muttered irritatedly. "However, I cannot resend the statements I have made at your word until a statement is made by Chase himself or proof is shown. Bring your witnesses forward, then we will speak again." St. John said as he dropped the phone onto its station and sighed again.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 6:12 pm

"Ah, hell." Wright called his secretary back in. "I want reports from North and from every single witness we have, ASAP. If Chase is alive and conscious, get a statement from him. The Novalysians aren't playing." Wright rested his forehead in his hands and sighed heavily. "War with them is the last thing I want. Get a transport ready, with as much expendable medical staff as we can spare, just in case."
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 7:46 pm

A new feed streamed from the white hospital room in the ADR ER. Chase, who was hooked up to some of the most advanced medical equipment leaned forward on the bed with his cane propped against the bed. He began slowly, breathing heavily throughout the entire message.

"My name is Alexander Chase, Novalysian Legislative Overseer. I cannot resend any previous statements made by the Novalysian government regarding the safe return of Serah Lawson and myself however, I can state that this was not an assassination attempt made by the ADR. Enough blood has been shed, I don't want more lives lost because of the actions I took to neutralize the situation at the Rescenta University."

The transmission cut off abruptly as Chase's breathing became more pronounced and labored. It appeared as though he had intended to say more although couldn't due to his injuries.
Back to top Go down
O.M.N.E Corporation

O.M.N.E Corporation

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 8:00 pm

O.M.N.E saw the new stream from chase and conners sighed and nodded "Oh thank god, this could have been very bad for business…i still hope to make money off of novalyse and the A.D.R a war would've been bad."

William chuckled and nodded "Yea, especially since that asswipe Rystoff didn't answer the call, what should we do to him?"

Conners laughed "Delay the next shipment or two of the various snack food we send there, that should be enough punishment for that fat bastard."
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 2:10 am

-before the questioning-
Ashara had seen both initial Novalysian Release and then Chase's secondary release. Oh thank heavens. The last thing anyone needed was Novalyse itching for meaningless violence and blood shed.... :: he immediately contacted the CSCC ( Cascadian Space Corp Command) you may stand down from red alert, rescind the fleets departure for Rescenta. But have them remain ready if Novalyse decides to react harshly after Chase's statement i want the full defense fleet brought to bear.
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 4:03 pm

A live stream from the capital building opened the day after the shooting, much in the same way as the previous.  St. John sitting in his chair behind a metal desk with a Databook before him.  He leaned forward and rested his chin just above his entwined fingers. Here his hands were shown to be cybernetic augmentation, comprised of metal overlay covering the intricate wiring beneath.  Sounds of the the streets could be heard in the distance, similar to what was heard in Ryant's report he day before.  

"Yesterday I stated that the ADR had seven days to return both Novalysian representatives after what was perceived as an assassination attempt on the life of Legislative Overseer Alexander Chase.  I hereby resend all statements regarding an assault on the moon Rescenta.  I was forced by the uprising of our civilians and military to take immediate action on the information that was available and thereby have caused unrest among the colonies," he said as the roaring of the streets increased.  "The report released states that it was not only the Eosa at fault here but a genetics professor who disabled the security systems and allowed the incident to occur.  I implore the judicial system of the ADR to not only convict this man of treason- or whatever the equivalent may be- but sentence him and the surviving Eosa to death.  Novalyse will not tolerate any attempt on the life of its representative, whether or not it was your government who conspired it."
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:22 am

Kenji Wright was growing weary of the media battle back and forth between Novalyse and the ADR, but he was rather relieved to hear that the Novalysians would be content with not instigating a full assault on Rescenta. He had Clarity Davis give the responding address.

"We are hopeful that all colonies can avoid conflict on this matter, and that the process of mending the damage can begin - for the victims of this incident, and everyone who it has affected. Our military's reports do indeed show evidence that Professor Jeck Hawkins, board member of the Genetics Committee of the ADRA, has some level of involvement with this incident. He and the Eos in question, called 'Khastin,' are both currently being detained as they await military and civil trials for their actions. It is customary in our legislative system that such cases be presented first before a civil court and jury, and then before a military court. Due to the nature of these crimes, the Upper Demarchy and Senate will also be overseeing these cases' final outcomes. Normally, the highest judicial penalties imposed by the Demarchy is life in prison. The ADR has followed a very conservative policy regarding capital punishment for over a century. No decisions can be made until the ADR ensures that both of these individuals, and any others who may be found to be involved, undergo a thorough trial. However, at the colony of Novalyse's discretion, the Senate has forwarded a motion to the Demarchy to allow for the consideration of capital punishment in both of these cases. More information will be made available as soon as possible. Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official   [Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Media] UOR Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 3 Critically Injured Inc. Novalysian Official
Page 1 of 1