Crest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crest

Earth is lost, and the ravaged colonies in the far reaches of space struggle to survive. We stand atop the Crest of the future.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Broken Past

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Slailie

Slailie

Broken Past Empty
PostSubject: Broken Past   Broken Past Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:59 pm

17 Years ago...

Slailie stood staring out the window of her home. It was turning dusk but she didn't bother to turn the lights on.

Earlier that day she had received news that her parents had died in the war.

She continually tightened and released her fists at her side - her facial expressions changing with the motion, from remorse, to anger, to sorrow and frustration. If only she had gone with them - maybe she could've saved them! If only the stupid military had done more to save them! They should have! Why didn't they?! She started thumping her fists against her thighs thinking this over. Then she started pacing back and forth across the length of the window, thinking harder about it. Truly.. what was the point of doing what the government wanted when all they were was cannon fodder? They didn't really care about its citizens.. its soldiers....

It's first borns.

She stopped pacing at that thought. They didn't care about her. Did they? But they gave her a mentor. They were training her to be an elite, high tech soldier. It was a great honor for the government to pour so many resources into her. But why would they if the soldiers they sent out to fight were as good as nothing to them?

This was stupid. She should just call Auron and talk to him - or train. She should be training not crying like a baby.
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

Broken Past Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Past   Broken Past Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Thorne's shift ended as the sun began to set, he thought of home as he walked from the outskirts of the territory toward the inner settlements.  He had always hated the tall buildings of Skyre, they shrouded his vision of the things beyond them but nonetheless he closed his eyes and saw them before him.  The last light from the sun disappeared behind the horizon as Thorne made it back to the barracks, as he stepped into the building he looked toward the holographic projection at the opposite end of the room.  He quickly glanced over the names of those lost during the battles that day when his eyes frozen on the name "Ryverwynd."  He immediately pressed the button on the side of his telecom and dialed for Slailie.

"Come on Slailie, pick up."
Back to top Go down
Slailie

Slailie

Broken Past Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Past   Broken Past Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Slailie closed her eyes, hearing the telecom ring. She deliberated for a moment before checking to see who it was. A small smile unconsciously slipped across her face. "I'm okay." She said as soon as she answered it. "Don't make a big deal... Is your shift over?"

Slailie started to walk again heading to her room and pulling out a backpack and things to pack into it.
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

Broken Past Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Past   Broken Past Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 2:18 am

Thorne relaxed slightly at hearing her voice, she's lying, he thought as he furrowed his brow down.  I will kill whoever did this...I swear it.

"I called as soon as I heard...I'm glad you picked up. If you hadn't you would have found me at your door after going AWOL."  his tone was serious but he tried to lighten it in an effort to brighten her mood.  He knew there was little he could do other than just be there for her, something he couldn't do in person because of his deployment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Broken Past Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Past   Broken Past Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broken Past
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crest :: Past Roleplay :: Historical-
Jump to: