Crest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crest

Earth is lost, and the ravaged colonies in the far reaches of space struggle to survive. We stand atop the Crest of the future.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Novalyse

Novalyse

[General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:21 am

Serah grabbed Rhaetia and moved her toward the door of the office room. She slowly open the door, peering inside before leading them in, not that she didn't trust the Eos but she wanted to be thoroughly sure there was safety in the room.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:23 am

Rhaetia began to feel her way across the floor towards the wall, staying low and behind the table. It seems like the room is empty - a small prep room for the conference area with a desk, a few chairs, and a line of bookcases. Nothing else is visible from the darkness.

"Delta 3-4, do we have a report? ...roger. How bad is it outside?"

More yelling. To anyone who listened closely, they might be able to pick out a few words from the distance.

"Drop the gun!"

"No! Not until things change around here!"
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:25 am

:: Ashara Stayed as close to Rhaetia as he could and positioned himself at the door where he could clearly see the door to the conference room if anyone opened it
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:33 am

As Rhaetia, Serah, and Ashara piled into the conference prep room, Rhaetia shut the door quietly and backed up against the wall. She took a deep breath.

"They're at it again. It sounds worse this time."

The shouting from the hallway continued. There was more radio chatter in the conference room. The guards at the front talked back and forth with each other.

"Hostage situation in the front lobby," one said gruffly, "and reinforcements from outside are blocked. Some kind of barricade. It's just us, some UOR cops, and Delta 3-4 inside now. Four reported hostiles."

"Well, we have to stay here with the civs."

"They're requesting us. They have one wounded, one dead. No one's in, no one's out."

"Shit. We can't leave the civs in here, no way."
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:37 am

Alexander stepped forward into the group of guards without hesitation.

"I have thirty five years experience in the Novalysian military. If you direct me, I will reinforce your men so that you can guard the civilians," he said calmly.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:42 am

"Sir, we can't let you go out there. Our job is to keep you safe."

The other guard's comm unit buzzed again. "Shit. Richards from 3-4 is the one hit. He's bleeding out."

"Richards? Damnit. Can't they get him out?"

"The guys outside are trying to work through the barricade. Sounds like they're having too much trouble getting in."
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:44 am

This happens often? :: the armor around his head would melt abit so his face was visible::
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:46 am

Alexander understood their intentions well, and without argument stepped in front of them toward the door.

"They said the front lobby? We came through there on our way in," he said as he opened the door without giving them the chance to stop him a and walked quickly out the door and closing it behind him. He then moved as quickly as possible toward the lobby from which they had come from earlier.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:48 am

"Nowadays, it does," Rhaetia frowned a bit. "The other Eosa tend to get very...restless. For a number of reasons. I used to be able to reason with them. Not so much, anymore."

"What the hell!" One of the guards was dumbfounded. The other one shook his head. "The man said Novalysian. I'm going with him. You hold the civs down here."

"But you can't -"

"He already did," the guard muttered as he rushed out after Alexander, closing the door firmly behind him.

Last edited by Allied Demarchy of Reza on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:52 am

Those are Eosa out there? I was afraid of this but i thought it would take longer... When ever you hold 1 group down for stupid reasons, given enough time they will fight for their freedom....... Tell me honestly do you see a real chance for peace between your people and the ADR
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:54 am

Alexander continued his way through the halls that led to the lobby when the guard caught up with him.  He did not crack a smile although his tone reflected perhaps that he was teasing the man.

"I wouldn't try to take me back, it wouldn't end well for you.  So, are you coming with me?"  He did not stop, just kept moving toward the lobby.

Serah frowned.  

"They're giving your people a bad name by doing this, it won't help them reach equality.  Only make it more impossible to to gain rights."
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:04 am

"Not right now, apparently. They've never been bold enough to attack the University before. This usually just happens out in the streets." Rhaetia crept over to the desk and quietly pulled open the drawers, searching for something.

Meanwhile, the guard caught up with Alexander and patrolled with him down the hallway. It was easy to follow the sound of yelling voices - guards authoritatively shouting orders, and the Eosa retorting and making demands. As they turned down the hallway into the wide open front lobby, a horrific scene awaited them. One security guard lay on the ground face-down, shot in the back of the head. Another one was painfully slumped against a far wall, with another guard hovering over him and trying to keep him safe as he bled profusely from a wound through his kevlar. Towards the front of the lobby, there were two disarmed guards being held with guns to their head by rough-looking Eosa with wild glares in their eyes. Two other Eosa were directly nearby, keeping the three ADR guards at bay.

As soon as Chase and the other ADR guard entered the lobby, they had an assault rifle trained on them from the Eos to the side of the hostages. The guard with Chase had only a handgun.

"Drop your guns! We'll kill them!" One of the Eos drove the barrel of his handgun deep into the trembling guard's temple.
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:17 am

If Peace here is not attainable, any Eosa that wishes may come to Cascadia. it may be a bit of an adjustment but off worlders have adjusted to the pressure in the past within weeks.... i just cant allow this type of thing to happen. not out here not on these new worlds. Serah can you communicate with Alexander?
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:21 am

Alexander turned the corner, hearing their demands and stopped at the mouth of the lobby.  He targeted each Eosa in the room as well as each friendly guard or civilian.  Looking at the wounded and hostages with empathy, he wondered if they would make it out of this alive.  He glanced back to the other guard as if to say "take cover."  he took a few more steps forward, positioning himself between the gunmen and the guard who had followed.

"You know as well as I that as soon as you shoot those guards that you will die.  Is this rebellion worth ruining how many humans think of you?  I just heard two representatives from the Assembly push for your people's rights because as they said "there has been no proof that they pose any harm to the ADR."  And now those same two people are crowded in a room begging whatever gods may exist that they aren't killed by those they just defended.  Do you really want equality or is it fear you want?  Tell me."  He spoke in a convincing tone after the first sentence, as he had done in the Assembly on Desha-II.

Serah shook her head.  

"No, I removed my transmitter for the meeting.  Its on the ground in front of the table we were under."

Last edited by Novalyse on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:24 am

I wonder if he needs help... maybe a Novalysian and a armored Cascadian could give them enough pause :: frowns::
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:28 am

Serah shook her head.

"I don't know...wait... does anyone have a databook or a communication device with them? Maybe in this room, I could wire it up into the censor cores and reach him that way," she said as she looked around the room.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:28 am

"I don't know...I thought we were getting closer to peace," Rhaetia frowned. She continued digging for something in the desk drawers. She picked out a modest little folding pocket knife. It was better than nothing. She crouched her way to the utility room door, which was locked, and started prying and picking at it. Her ears perked when she heard Serah's idea. "Yes, there's a databook on that desk right there. It's Professor Hawkins'. The password is...'s-c-h-l-o-n-g-i-n-1'." She thought about asking what that word meant, but decided that now was not the time. She turned her attention back to picking at the locked door.

The ADR guards in the lobby were unsure of how to react to Alexander, as were the Eosa. The tension remained heavy, as the two Eosa now brandished their guns - which were stolen from the ADR security - directly at Chase.

"Who are you? Stay back. You know nothing about us." The Eos in the front scowled.

"Put your weapons down and we can work this out," one of the security personnel said from behind.

"Stay with me, Richards. Stay with me. We'll get you out of here," the guard tending to the wounded man tried to keep him conscious.
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:45 am

::walks over to Rhaetia:: whats in there? I can help get it open
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:46 am

Alexander stood motionless for the moment, not wanting to risk the lives of the other guards unless he had to.

"My name is Alexander, and I know more about your people than you know," he motioned to the guard behind him to help the wounded. He moved forward, distracting the Eosa to give him a chance to reach the injured man. "Look at yourselves, is this what you want your people to be?"

Serah took the databook and pulled off the back of the slimline system. She moved through the wiring and the boards of the tablet and reworked it from the inside. This would take only a few minutes before she took one of its wires and put it into the attachments on the side of her head. She closed her eyes and the screen rolled with data until it glowed with the words "Access Granted." From there she contacted Chase listened to what was happening.

"I can't let you hear but I can tell you what is happening. I am not going to say anything yet....it sounds like he's hostage negotiating."

Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:51 am

Let me know if you think he could use any help, till then :: works his blade into the door jam and helps Rhaetia break the door::
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:52 am

"A way out, if we need it. And maybe something more useful than -" the knife clicked and popped, and the flimsy blade bent against the metal door. "...this knife." She tucked it into her robe, then sighed and slid to the side so she could watch Ashara to see how he would try to get it open. "Hostage negotiating? They haven't gone that far, have they..."

The Eos in front kept his gun straight at Chase, a shot that nobody could miss from that distance. "After a lifetime of hatred," the Eos said, "we don't care what these people do. There's only one thing that will stop us from killing these pathetic humans here, right now."

The guards took Chase's direction - they had no other choice. One of them was already trying to apply an emergency tourniquet to the wounded man, but it was of little use. "We've got to get him out." "There is no 'out,' they have the doors blocked." "How?" "I don't know - the security system is jammed. Nothing will budge. We can't get him out unless we find another way."
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:58 am

:: ashara found where the door was bolted when his blade hit it and began applying pressure, the metal of the bolt likely would give before cascadium blade, if it didn't get slice through that is::
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:05 am

Alexander looked behind him at the others, then to the guards before him. He couldn't make it in time to move them before they shot them and he knew that. Forced to make a desperate decision he lowered his sword so that the tip nearly touched the floor.

"Let them go, and I'll turn myself over. You have more bargaining power with the Legislative Overseer of Novalyse than you do with a few dispensable guards. Let them one go and I will drop this sword, two and I will approach you, three and I will kneel," his tone was drastically more serious now.

Serah's eyes opened briefly upon hearing this then they closed again and the databook glowed with scripted data of firewalls and system defenses as she tried to get into the university system to open the entrances.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:12 am

Rhaetia listened intently to everything that was going on, rather surprised to hear Alexander's words. "Is that true?" Ashara's blade popped the door, and it would open freely to a rather small utility closet. It seemed unremarkable - little more than a janitor's closet with electronic accessories and prep equipment for the conference room - but Rhaetia quietly moved a few things aside and slid a box out of the way to reveal a cover to a very narrow ventilation shaft. "When you literally grow up in a university, you learn a couple things about it. This will take us anywhere on the first floor."

Serah would have a difficult time getting into the security system. It was coded by some of ADR's finest security professionals with military protection. It would be a tough nut to crack.

The Eosa seemed confused. They exchanged a few perplexed glances between each other; one of them nodded. "Prove that you are who you say you are. And tell us why we should settle for some other nation's human official, instead of what we're here for."
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:16 am

Can it get me to the lobby?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next