Crest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crest

Earth is lost, and the ravaged colonies in the far reaches of space struggle to survive. We stand atop the Crest of the future.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

[General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 3:08 am

"I don't have much of a response to that, I suppose." She smiled gingerly. "I am often too busy studying to remain at the top of my class to receive a degree in Bioethics with honors to spend much time coming up with a response to questions of that sort." More Eosa humor? It was hard to tell. "That is one thing that I have changed here at UOR. My studies have become theirs," she continued as she eyed a few of the assembled scientists and professors, "and they allow me to be enrolled here to...monitor my progress. I seem to have surprised them so far. As far as how I view myself...that is one other difference I have seen between us." She tapped her fingers thoughtfully against her chin, and then fidgeted idly with her hair. "Humans refer to achievements as what 'you' do or what 'I' do. When you see the Eosa culture, it is always 'we' or 'us'. So, here at the UOR, 'I' may do something. To the Eosa, that is...trivial."

A haggard, bumbly professor spoke up. "On her behalf," the man said bluntly, "this young lady has far surpassed all of our expectations - and we have very high expectations. She completed her introductory courses in half the time that the average student here does. We've actually taken neurotransmitter readings from her brain patterns when she studies, and we have seen a steadily upward trend of reaction rate and memory retention. Slower language processing skills, and a lack of response to objective or 'dry' information - but accelerated response to sociocognitive factors. What that means is, if she's reading about a math formula, she could care less and will probably not retain it for more than a few minutes afterwards - her brain simply isn't built to process that. But when she reads about the sociological statistics of human beings...well, she's on par with our sociology graduate students."

Another professor coughed his way into the conversation. "But, might I remind you, that Ms. Rhaetia has the advantage of actually living -on- campus as a case study and as such, there are innately higher stakes in her education. A built-in bias, if I do say so myself."

There were some whispers and hisses amongst the conference table. Clarity Davis cleared her throat decisively, and they rather begrudgingly calmed down.
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 3:31 am

I do not think I've heard any bias. Its fairly obvious that there is significant intelligence and capacity for greater learning if given the chance. Also the mere fact that as a culture they are more community centric then person centric is in my opinion a rather big leap forward in thinking.
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 3:35 am

Serah politely commented on what both professors had said after the room had calmed down, her tone a bit more decisive and abrupt than when she was speaking to the Eos.

"Is there not a correlation between females among humans and lower math scores? From one study I have researched women are 25% less likely to pass highly in mathematics when the subject is introduced into both gender's education at relatively the same time. If introduced earlier to the female than the male however, the female is 75% more likely to receive scores at or beyond that of her male counterpart. Deciding the fate of an entire race based solely upon the scores one individual receives during math class is unethical," Serah paused and looked back to the Eos with a smile. "I am sure that Rhaetia here is pressured to succeed however, seeing how your colony is centered around intellect I don't believe that she has vastly higher stakes to meet expectations. Furthermore, I came to listen to the Eosa speak for themselves, not to professors and scientists speculations." Throughout her retort, Serah used a polite and unaggitated tone. Whether or not that was because she did not want to disturb the Eos before her or not was indiscernible.
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 3:45 am

I have to Agree with Ms Serah. ::points at the professors:: Your speaking as if all that is at stake are some grades and a degree, but this is about a group of people. Are they human exactly like you? No they are not, but at the same time AM I? My peoples eyes and muscular structure and the reflex centers of our brain are completely different from the vanilla Human genome. Evolution does not stick to a cookie cutter shape it breaks those predefined molds and idea's and moves forward. Whether or not the Eosa, Rhaetia is considered "HUMAN" I feel is irrelevant she and her people are an intelligent emotional, and beautiful people that deserve proper respect and the freedom that any sentient life deserves, or have we all forgotten what our ancestors on Earth did thousands of years ago to our own? Do you really want to be remembered as the men and women who brought back segregation? and racism ?
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 3:47 am

Ashara seemed to catch Rhaetia's attention. She studied him specifically - something about the eyes. She made a note to pay more attention to him.

Upon hearing Serah, Rhaetia then smiled - the sort of polite smile that may have concealed some amusement. She seemed to be used to some level of controversy. "Humans do like to speculate."

"Simply stating the facts. Not speculations," another scientist retorted. "Drawing the 'segregation' card is a far shot from making a call that could potentially endanger the genetic integrity of the human race. Taking into account 'intelligence' and 'emotion' are all well and good, but that hardly breaches the very practical and real subject of the biological risks associated with these decisions."
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:00 am

So genetic integrity and a "PURE" bloodline is the idea's that I am hearing as reasons to keep her people down and with minimal rights? I believe again this same mistake was touted by a leader of earth as reason to not only keep down but also eventualy eradicate those who were proposed to be of inferior genetic stock, His name was Hitler? That aside from the information i received at the assembly Eosa and humans can not mate, so where is this threatened integrity
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:12 am

"Correction," the researcher snarked back, "they can mate. They can even reproduce - just not successfully. An Eos and an Eos create another Eos. An Eos and a human are genetically different enough that their offspring are deformed -"

"A 50% chance of deformity," Clarity corrected.

"- are usually deformed," the professor continued, "and the resulting children are always sterile. Like breeding a horse and a donkey - you get an infertile mule. This is not a matter of a Holocaust or some kind of senseless eugenics, this is a matter of medical integrity and the well-being of us and our children. There is a very real possibility of widespread health risks."
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:21 am

So you propose all beings that can not mate with humans be striped of rights and freedom? and have their potential quashed simply because they cant succesfully mate? I would Say that if a Human and an Eos decide to mate they already know the possibilities and are either taking steps to not have a child or are willing to accept the challenge and the risk of having a a child whether it be deformed or mentaly handicapped. And as for the well being of ourselves and our children I fear to see your world in generations to come. and what Health risks? Has and Eos gotten sick after mating with a human, has a human gotten sick? You are manufacturing fears for yourself to stand on, and I feel that THAT FACT should be scrutinized very harshly.
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:29 am

A few other professors spouted off their opinions and research, both for and against Eosene rights.

"Our labratory studies have shown a possibility of intra-species contamination, and the spread of sexual infections just as human-to-human contact. The implications that a population increase, of a population with thoroughly unknown medical predispositions, conditions, immunities, and vulnerabilities would bring could see the incubation of an epidemic - "

"That's entirely speculation. Any time a human mates with anything, it could potentially result in sexual infection. That's not the most pressing concern. It'd be more likely that you'd actually risk an economic recession of the medical system and an overflow of insurance and liability due to conditions which are untreatable, or treated incorrectly, due to those factors."

Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:42 am

Recesion? Insurance and Liability issues? So this is all about MONEY TO YOU?  So some of you are saying " they arent human make them go away, and the other half are worried about their bottom line?  and you have the nerve to call yourselves the learned. Whether or not  they came about 100% natrualy or not, they are Sentient FEELING BEINGS, we are not here to talk about science we are not here to worry about your corporate sponsors wallet. We are here talking about MORAL AND ETHICAL TREATMENT OF PEOPLE. :: Ashara's eyes where now clearly glowing a blue rather than just being luminescent, something few if any non cascadians would know was possible when agitated::
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:45 am

Serah still very politely retorted the professors once again.

"With all due respect, what is there to worry about in allowing the Eosa fully rights if they cannot reproduce and 'contaminate' you gene pools?  If this is your main concern in freeing them from your imposed shackles then provide them with full rights with the exception of legal marriage to a human.  As far as I am concerned, as the head of the species research division of Skyre, your arguments are completely invalid and are simply arrogant rantings of a feigned superior race,"  she paused to collect her thoughts but Alexander interjected crudely.

"Stop bickering amongst yourselves and face the fact that you allowed the creation of this race and take responsibility for your actions, whatever that may be." He was obviously more than frustrated.  Serah nodded and continued.

"They aren't simply test subjects for you to play with at your discretion.  These are living, breathing, sentient beings.  Look before you, Rhaetia does not seem any less capable to me than any of you here.  In fact, I see a very composed women who, despite your misleading accusations, is intelligent and sophisticated. You are, in this room, equals and thereby must give her the chance to speak her own opinion without speaking for her."  Serah had become very stern as the bicker had continued.  She finally turned back to Rhaetia and beckoned her to continue.  

"Please Rhaetia, could you answer the question I posed earlier?  About the differences you see between us?  I feel that you are holding back, perhaps because of the others who are present and I understand, but I want you to be honest with us."
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:49 am

Clarity was about to interject and call some order back to the conference, when Serah posed her question to Rhaetia who replied very calmly.

"This is the difference that I see." She simply gestured in front of her and across the room, to the wide variety of humans before her. The room went silent.
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:53 am

Smiled:: This is why i say the answer is clear. if the decision where to be made here and now then I and in such all of Cascadia move for the granting of full rights.
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:58 am

Serah smiled at Rhaetia sympathetically.

"You believe your people are more unified than our own, I can't say that I have seen this but if all are similar to you I can understand it," Serah said, turning to Ashara and the professors. "Yes, Ashara.  I believe that I support that as well.  The Eosa are obviously sentient and pose little threat to the humans of the ADR.  Furthermore, I haven't heard any sort of scientific proof that they are dangerous or less intelligent than our own race.  Perhaps different, but equal in their own right."
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:09 am

At the far end of the room, by the door, one of the security guards' telecomm units buzzed. He murmured something into it that was inaudible to anyone else, and glanced out the door for a moment.

"I believe that throughout human society, you have followed an ethical concept that no one is to be punished until they have committed an unjust act - 'innocent until proven guilty' in Earthian terms. Speaking for myself and the Eosa, I believe that is all we ask." Rhaetia bowed her head at an angle, studying the humans' reactions. The UOR academia fell quiet again, with little left to retort.

Clarity Davis nodded. The room was calm. "I believe that we can see, by and large, the opinions of other colonies. That is why we came here. We still have much of our own data left to debate and details to cover, but I believe the public has made itself clear in stating that the Eosa deserve as much of a chance to - "

The quiet was suddenly shattered when the distinct sound of gunshots broke out somewhere towards the front of the building. The security guards standing at the front of the room immediately drew their weapons and blocked the conference room door. "Get down! Get down! Everybody down now!" More gunshots. And then they stopped. There was frantic yelling from somewhere within the corridors of the university.
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:16 am

Serah jolted forward and pulled Rhaetia under the table as Alexander rose, grasping the handle of his cane like a sword as his side. He pressed a indiscernible part of the handle and the metal moved aside, revealing a blade. He moved forward, between most of the people as he could without coming too close to the guard, as he was not trying to threaten him.

"Stay under the tables! Turn them on their sides as a shield toward the entrances."
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:25 am

:: Ashara in a fluid motion flipped forward from where he was , as he did so the blue metal of his adornments seemed to melt and grow together around his form forming a form fitting solid yet fluid like suit of intricate cascadium armor he landed next to Rhaetia and Serah as 2 Blue katana like blades grew out in reverse directionfrom his fore arms, the only thing visible from beneath the suit was a vibrant almost Violent blue glow from the Eye's of the armor:: Both of you Stay behind me i will NOT let anyone hurt you
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:35 am

The civilians in the room reacted in a state of terror. Some screamed and tried to run to no avail, while others dropped where they were and sought cover under chairs, tables, and anything that could give a slight feeling of safety. The ADR officials, including Clarity, ducked behind the conference table. One of the guards in the room immediately rushed towards them to provide cover, while the other two covered the conference room door.

"Everybody, stay down! Bravo 1-1, update! Shots fired!" One of the guards barked into his earpiece.

"Four gunshots audible from Room 142, civilians are secure," another guard reported as he double-checked the lock on the door and dragged over a desk to barricade it. "Keep down, everyone. The situation is under control. Stay calm and stay quiet."

Meanwhile, Rhaetia was pulled under a table to safety by Serah and Ashara. She seemed to be innately in-tune with her surroundings, and analyzed every movement in the room. Despite the sudden and shocking turn of events, her face did not emote any fear. She remained silent, watching and waiting.
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:41 am

:: Looks at the guard that came up to the stage/podium:: can we get the Lights in here turned down or off? harder for attackers to see us, easier for us to see them. and their fire will be drawn to my eyes rather than others.
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:48 am

Alexander only canted his head and held the grip of his sword, ready to strike with the need were to arise.  Looking at him now, one could see he was still very capable despite his handicap, which he showed no favor to in his stance.  He chose after a long moment to speak quietly to one of the guards, nearly inaudible for the rest of the room.

"Listen to me, if the time comes escort the others to safety.  Don't waste your time with me," his tone was utterly serious and stern. He knew he would hinder their escape due to his injury, although he could still fight, running was not a possibility for him.  

Serah knelt under the table with herself between Rhaetia and the door.  Although she had few augmentations compared to Alexander, her body could likely withstand more than the Eos'.

Last edited by Novalyse on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:51 am

"Hit the lights," the guard in the back echoed up to the others. The guard by the door flipped the lightswitch, and the room went black. They stayed up at the front, guns trained on the door for any movement.

"Bravo 1-1, we are clear. Keep us updated." There was still yelling from down the hall. He glanced back at Alexander, but didn't dare to look away from the door for too long. "Stay down! Get in the back of the room, under the table. We've got this under control. Just stay back."

Rhaetia spoke in a hushed whisper. "The back office door," she glanced back and forth between Serah and Ashara, "it's safer there." She nodded in the direction of the door that she had entered from, a few feet away in the blackness.
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:56 am

:: Ashara looked around in the darkness:: Rhaetia does that room have any other doors? or is this the only way into it
Back to top Go down
A.D.R.

A.D.R.

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:00 am

"This is the only one," she whispered back.
Back to top Go down
Novalyse

Novalyse

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:01 am

Serah nodded to Ashara, not thinking about him not being able to see her in darkness. She could see clearly with night-vision optical implants so she did not even consider the fact he could not.

"Chase may no longer be a soldier," she whispered, "but he won't go down without a fight.  If he does you need to stay behind me and Ashara, do you understand?  We aren't going to let you get hurt."

Alexander did not move, only stood ready at behind the guards in the event and enemy were to break in.
Back to top Go down
Cascadia

Cascadia

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:17 am

:: Ashara nodded back, his vision not as good in darkness but his eyes did afford enough ambient light on their own for his own sight. We'll head in there, I'll stay at the door, it sounded like standard gun fire so my armor should be enough...::whispered:: keep an eye on those so called scientists its not impossible they are in on this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa   [General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[General - Media/Diplomacy] Voice of the Eosa
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next